CTA members are extremely valuable as delegates! We need leaders like you in the Democratic Party to help write the platform and guide endorsements.
The CDP Assembly District Elections are open to all California Democrats. The filing period started on November 9, 2022 and ends on December 9, 2022.
- Make sure you are registered as Democrat in your district.
- You will need to know which Assembly District you are registered in by visiting this link: http://findyourrep.
- Click here to fill out and submit the ADEM application form no later than 12:00 PM on Friday, December 9, 2022.
- Pay the $40 candidate fee.
- Fill out this form to let CTA know you are running. We will tell your fellow CTA members to vote for you.
- Questions? Join us on Zoom for office hours on Monday, November 28 from 6:00-7:00 PM to learn more or have your questions answered: https://ctapolitical.zoom.us/
j/86708014644?pwd= ZHQ0aWtmc2F2bHVvV0dpU3hpYWVNZz 09
- Note: If you wish to run for the EBoard position, you must indicate that on your application.
- Election of CDP Officers: Chairman, two Vice-Chairs, Secretary and Controller (in odd-numbered years after presidential elections).
- Election of 16-25 Regional Directors who function as liaisons between the CDP, County Central Committees, and Democratic Clubs in regions comprised of three to five Assembly Districts (in odd-numbered years).
- Vote for the endorsements of the CDP for legislative and statewide offices in California.
- Vote for positions on ballot propositions (as needed).
- Establishment of the official California Democratic State Party Platform (in even-numbered years), and CDP Resolutions.