|The in-person 2023 CTA Issues Conference in Las Vegas is open for registration! This conference brings together local leaders and activists to learn, discuss, and strategize so we can organize and increase our collective voice on state and local issues that matter most in education.
The conference features over 50 sessions focusing on hot topics and skill building. Along with motivating and dynamic keynote speakers.
This Issues Conference qualifies for one CTA-paid university unit.
|Be sure to check out all our upcoming conferences including the Good teaching Conference and New Educator Weekend at www.CTA.org/Conferences|
CTA members are extremely valuable as delegates! We need leaders like you in the Democratic Party to help write the platform and guide endorsements.
The CDP Assembly District Elections are open to all California Democrats. The filing period started on November 9, 2022 and ends on December 9, 2022.
- Make sure you are registered as Democrat in your district.
- You will need to know which Assembly District you are registered in by visiting this link: http://findyourrep.
- Click here to fill out and submit the ADEM application form no later than 12:00 PM on Friday, December 9, 2022.
- Pay the $40 candidate fee.
- Fill out this form to let CTA know you are running. We will tell your fellow CTA members to vote for you.
- Questions? Join us on Zoom for office hours on Monday, November 28 from 6:00-7:00 PM to learn more or have your questions answered: https://ctapolitical.zoom.us/
j/86708014644?pwd= ZHQ0aWtmc2F2bHVvV0dpU3hpYWVNZz 09
- Note: If you wish to run for the EBoard position, you must indicate that on your application.
- Election of CDP Officers: Chairman, two Vice-Chairs, Secretary and Controller (in odd-numbered years after presidential elections).
- Election of 16-25 Regional Directors who function as liaisons between the CDP, County Central Committees, and Democratic Clubs in regions comprised of three to five Assembly Districts (in odd-numbered years).
- Vote for the endorsements of the CDP for legislative and statewide offices in California.
- Vote for positions on ballot propositions (as needed).
- Establishment of the official California Democratic State Party Platform (in even-numbered years), and CDP Resolutions.
- African American Human Rights Award in honor of Lois Tinson
- American Indian/Alaska Native Human Rights Award in honor of Jim Clark
- César Chávez “Sí Se Puede” Human Rights Award
- Pacific Asian American Human Rights Award
- Human Rights Award for LGBTQ+ Advocacy in honor of Nancy Bailey
- Human Rights Award for Women’s Advocacy
- CTA Peace and Justice Human Rights Award
- Students with Exceptional Needs Human Rights Award
Hello Redwood Members,
I hope you are having a wonderful week.
Attached are the following scholarship grant documents:
Please send any completed application for each conference to Tina McKenzie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please pass this information along to your members.
Thank you; take care!
Hello Redwood Service Center Council!
Have you ever thought about running for State Council? If you’ve not heard, there’s a BUNCH of seats coming open so, if you’re interested, see below!
These are the current offices up for election:
REDWOOD Full 3-year term (term ending 2025) DN-H-MEN-1
REDWOOD Full 3-year term (term ending 2025) LK-1
REDWOOD Full 3-year term (term ending 2025) MEN-SON-1
REDWOOD Full 3-year term (term ending 2025) NA-1
REDWOOD Full 3-year term (term ending 2025) SON-1
REDWOOD Full 3-year term (term ending 2025) SON-1
Please click here to CTA.org to view the Summer 2022 Election Announcement, Timeline, and Open Seats for the Multiple Electoral State Council Representatives and At-Large State Council Representatives.
Declaration of Candidacy forms are to be filed online only.Please click here (under Summer 2022 Elections) to file a Declaration of Candidacy form online.
Questions – please contact your local Service Center Council or email email@example.com.
The CTA 2022 Summer Pass to Online Learning and University Credit is a benefit to members attending CTA Conferences during the summer conference season. CTA Members, through attending in-person or watching CTA Virtual Pass sessions, will be given the opportunity to accumulate the professional growth hours needed to qualify for university credit units with CSU, Chico.
2022 Summer Pass Deadlines
Start Date: Today, June 10th, 2022
End Date: August 10th, 2022
- As a benefit to members, CTA will cover the $75/unit cost for up to six university credit units available.
- The professional growth hours can be accumulated by attending conferences live and/or by watching recordings.
- Check with your district HR office or local chapter president to ensure that university credit units can help you advance on your salary schedule.
For more information and a step-by-step process on how to earn University Credits, visit: www.CTA.org/Credits
To see which Virtual Pass courses qualify for the current season, visit: www.CTA.org/VirtualPass
For any questions, please contact VirtualPass@CTA.org