|The in-person 2023 CTA Issues Conference in Las Vegas is open for registration! This conference brings together local leaders and activists to learn, discuss, and strategize so we can organize and increase our collective voice on state and local issues that matter most in education.
The conference features over 50 sessions focusing on hot topics and skill building. Along with motivating and dynamic keynote speakers.
This Issues Conference qualifies for one CTA-paid university unit.
|Be sure to check out all our upcoming conferences including the Good teaching Conference and New Educator Weekend at www.CTA.org/Conferences|
CTA members are extremely valuable as delegates! We need leaders like you in the Democratic Party to help write the platform and guide endorsements.
The CDP Assembly District Elections are open to all California Democrats. The filing period started on November 9, 2022 and ends on December 9, 2022.
- Make sure you are registered as Democrat in your district.
- You will need to know which Assembly District you are registered in by visiting this link: http://findyourrep.
- Click here to fill out and submit the ADEM application form no later than 12:00 PM on Friday, December 9, 2022.
- Pay the $40 candidate fee.
- Fill out this form to let CTA know you are running. We will tell your fellow CTA members to vote for you.
- Questions? Join us on Zoom for office hours on Monday, November 28 from 6:00-7:00 PM to learn more or have your questions answered: https://ctapolitical.zoom.us/
j/86708014644?pwd= ZHQ0aWtmc2F2bHVvV0dpU3hpYWVNZz 09
- Note: If you wish to run for the EBoard position, you must indicate that on your application.
- Election of CDP Officers: Chairman, two Vice-Chairs, Secretary and Controller (in odd-numbered years after presidential elections).
- Election of 16-25 Regional Directors who function as liaisons between the CDP, County Central Committees, and Democratic Clubs in regions comprised of three to five Assembly Districts (in odd-numbered years).
- Vote for the endorsements of the CDP for legislative and statewide offices in California.
- Vote for positions on ballot propositions (as needed).
- Establishment of the official California Democratic State Party Platform (in even-numbered years), and CDP Resolutions.
- African American Human Rights Award in honor of Lois Tinson
- American Indian/Alaska Native Human Rights Award in honor of Jim Clark
- César Chávez “Sí Se Puede” Human Rights Award
- Pacific Asian American Human Rights Award
- Human Rights Award for LGBTQ+ Advocacy in honor of Nancy Bailey
- Human Rights Award for Women’s Advocacy
- CTA Peace and Justice Human Rights Award
- Students with Exceptional Needs Human Rights Award